The National Institute for Reproductive Health (nirhealth.localhost.com) builds power at the state and local level to change public policy, galvanize public support, and normalize women’s decisions to have abortions and use contraception. We provide state and local advocates with the strategies, tools, messages, and funding to create national change from the ground up. We are a force multiplier: we partner with a wide range of organizations—from grassroots community-based groups to abortion providers to large health care systems—to directly impact the reproductive health and lives of women across the country.
Since 2008, we have provided hands-on support and millions of dollars in grants to more than 145 reproductive health, rights, and justice organizations across the country. At the national level, we go where others don’t, engaging in groundbreaking public opinion research, advocacy for cutting-edge policies that increase access to care, and innovative communications campaigns to shape a new national conversation about reproductive freedom.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund works to change state and local electoral and policy landscapes through political advocacy and direct electoral impact. In addition to our own efforts, we help our state and local partners use the most compelling message, engage the broadest possible audiences, and secure the political allies they need to fight effectively for our rights and increased access to reproductive health care
NIRH and its Action Fund are looking for a Development Assistant to join our growing Development team. The Development Assistant is a vital member of the department, providing logistical support for the full range of department activities and taking the lead on improving the department’s use of its database. The Development Assistant plays a critical role in information management, donor relations, and more.
- Core responsibility for the department’s administrative duties, including but not limited to correspondence, gift processing, data entry, filing, copying, and scheduling appointments.
- Point person for database management.
- Provide logistical support for events throughout the year.
- Works with the development team on donor research.
- Works with Special Events and Development Manager to cultivate Young Professional’s group and all relevant events.
- Provides support for all mailings and e-blasts.
- At least one year of experience in development/fundraising.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills; attention to detail a must.
- Stellar interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a range of individuals.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and communicate clearly.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with the suite of Microsoft Office products and at least one relational database or CMS platform; experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Knowledge of core reproductive rights issues and news preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Development Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school degree or GED; some college or a bachelor’s degree preferred.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, person with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals to apply.