The National Institute for Reproductive Health (NIRH) and the National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund (NIRHAF) are related, not-for-profit organizations working at the state and local level in New York and across the country to promote reproductive rights and expand access to reproductive health care through bold advocacy, creative education campaigns, and high-impact partnerships. NIRH is an innovative policy, communications, and education organization that partners with state and local leaders to design and implement campaigns focused on guaranteeing every woman the right to make decisions about their reproductive health and lives and access to the services and information necessary to fully exercise those rights. NIRHAF is the leading pro-choice political and advocacy organization working toward these goals in New York State. The President heads both of these dynamic, pro-choice organizations.
Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Assistant is a mid-level position that will play an integral role in ensuring the effectiveness and productivity of the President by providing outstanding executive support and managing the overall administration of the President. The candidate will be expected to complete a range of administrative tasks and small projects for the President including:
- Coordinating and providing logistical support for internal and external communications and meetings
- Overseeing general office management responsibilities of the Office of the President
- S/he will represent the organizations and the President in daily interactions with external and internal constituents and must operate on many levels with efficiency, enthusiasm and professionalism
- Assume a proactive role in increasing the productivity, efficiency and organization of the Office of the President so that her time can stay focused on accomplishing the organization’s highest priorities
- Provide administrative support to the President, including directing incoming calls and visitors, scheduling meetings and conference calls, managing the President’s calendar, arranging travel, managing and prioritizing phone messages, correspondence and email
- Coordinate and closely interact with the organization’s Management Team, including meeting schedules and note taking and to-do coordination.
- Draft and manage the President’s internal and external communications
- Coordinate carefully the President’s meetings and interactions with key constituencies through other departments (e.g., partner organizations through Policy & Strategic Partnerships; major donors and foundations through Development; elected officials through Political and Government Affairs; reporters through Communications)
- Manage all logistics for staff meetings, board meetings, events, including researching and preparing briefing information in advance and organizing schedules of multiple participants
- Track the timelines of various projects to ensure that deadlines are met and goals accomplished
- Manage and process President’s expense and reimbursement reports
- Order lunch, make reservations, assist in other errands as required, provide additional administrative support as required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant to senior corporate/non-for-profit leaders, with demonstrated expertise in anticipating and fulfilling the needs and priorities of a senior executive
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Outstanding time management skills, with proven ability to multi-task, accomplishing numerous tasks and changing priorities in an effective and timely manner; demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks daily, as well as important, long-term projects requiring collaboration with internal staff and external constituencies
- Comfortable with new technology and troubleshooting equipment, as needed (e.g. audio/visual and conference call equipment, etc.)
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to maintain work hours that match the President’s calendar and commitments
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience. NIRH offers an excellent benefit package.
Email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
NPCNY/NIRH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, person with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals to apply