2021 – 2022
Expanding Abortion Access
NIRH believes that every person should have access to quality, affordable, supportive, abortion care in their own community without shame, punishment, or intimidation.
NIRH supports policies that enable the kind of access to abortion care that we envision. We further believe that no one should be misled or face prosecution for having an abortion, whether it be in a clinic, with a provider, or on one’s own.
In every city and state possible, we’re expanding equitable access to abortion care.
Our Core Strategies to Expand Abortion Care
Securing the right to abortion care in state law
Establishing state and municipal funding for abortion care
Creating more equitable access to abortion care
Ending criminalization of abortion and all pregnancy outcomes
2019 – 2020
- 2014 Year-End Report — Gaining Ground: Proactive Legislation in the States
- Building Blocks for Change: A Primer on Local Advocacy for Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice
- Policy Report: Crisis Pregnancy Centers in New York City
- 2015 Year-End Report — Gaining Ground: Proactive Legislation in the States
- 2016 Year-End Report: Gaining Ground: Proactive Legislation in the States
- Policy Analysis: When Self-Abortion is a Crime – Laws that Put Women at Risk