The National Institute for Reproductive Health (NIRH) builds power at the state and local level to change public policy, galvanize public support, and normalize women’s decisions about abortion and contraception.
Using a partnership model, we provide state and local advocates with strategic guidance, hands-on support, and funding to create national change from the ground up. We are a force multiplier – we form strategic partnerships with a wide range of organizations to directly impact the reproductive health and lives of women across the country. Since 2008, NIRH has provided direct grants and hands-on support to more than 145 reproductive health, rights, and justice organizations in 37 states and 50 localities across the country.
At the national level, we go where others don’t, engaging in groundbreaking public opinion research, proactive policy initiatives, and innovative advocacy campaigns to shape a new national conversation about reproductive freedom.
Our political arm, the NIRH Action Fund, works in parallel to change state and local electoral and policy landscapes.
NIRH seeks a full-time office administrator to serve as the front desk receptionist, office manager, and as the intern program coordinator. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the front desk and reception area; signing for deliveries; greeting visitors and alerting staff when guests arrive
- Oversee all office security including; monitoring/updating security list for the day, managing security cameras, locking/unlocking the office doors for guests, and communicating with building security when needed
- Log and distribute mail and faxes; working with the Development Assistant to complete a Daily Incoming Contribution Log.
- Receiving and routing incoming calls and monitoring the organizational voicemail inbox.
- Procure, maintain, and organize all office supplies and technology to meet the work demands of staff.
- Be the main point of contact for vendors, tech consultants, and building maintenance.
- Troubleshoot office tech issues; coordinate additional IT support when needed.
- Schedule and manage the organizations monthly staff meeting, including ordering food, setting the agenda and managing any technical needs.
- Coordinate and support staff-wide meetings as needed.
- Monitor meeting spaces and room calendar.
- Provide additional administrative support to Board of Directors, as needed.
- Assisting staff with administrative work as needed, including mass mailings, setting up conference systems and skype calls, photocopying and internet research tasks.
- Manage the Intern Program and Intern Alumni Network; posting internships, providing technical support, coordinating brown bags, informational interviews, and workshops with both internal staff and external organizations for interns.
- Provide HR support to the Director of Finance and Administration for onboarding new staff members and supporting staffing changes, including job postings and setting up work stations and technology.
- Manage security cards for all staff/interns/board members
What we’re looking for…
- 1-2 years of experience in an office setting.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Comfortable engaging with a variety of people and personalities within and outside of the organization.
- The ability to maintain a calm demeanor when under pressure and when faced with changing circumstances.
- Someone who takes initiative and can anticipate needs within the office.
- Someone who is comfortable with technology and can troubleshoot when needed.
- Someone who can start the week of March 19th.
What we’ll provide
- A salary of $40,000-$45,000 depending on experience
- A comprehensive benefits package including employer-paid health insurance, dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution after 6 months, TransitChek benefits, and generous paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- A friendly and supportive working environment with people passionate about what they do
To Apply: Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Office Administrator”. No telephone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer. NIRH strives to build and support an equitable work community that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional people. As a member of the reproductive freedom movement, NIRH aims to foster leadership and raise the voices of historically marginalized people, including but not limited to Black people and people of color, indigenous/native peoples, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, disabled/differently abled people, immigrants, and low income people. We strongly encourage candidates of these and other diverse backgrounds to apply.