Reporting to the Senior Project Coordinator, the Program Assistant will provide support to the Programs and Partnerships Department. The Program Assistant coordinates internal and external communications, manages administrative tasks, and develops areas of expertise within local and state-level proactive reproductive health, rights, and justice policy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide strategic guidance, technical assistance, and administrative support to NIRH state and local policy partnerships assigned.
- Assist the team in the development and distribution of advocacy materials and toolkits, including research and drafting.
- Support the Department of Programs and Partnerships with meeting prep, follow-up, note-taking; distribution of requests for proposals; and partner reporting.
- Collect and input data in NIRH’s Airtable databases on partnership projects, proactive and anti-abortion policy developments, and other topics or projects as needed, with the support of the Senior Project Coordinator.
- Assist in research and tracking of local and state reproductive health, rights, and justice data and policy.
- Build and expand knowledge on NIRH’s key policy priority areas, including abortion, contraception, and racial disparities in reproductive health, including identifying specific areas of interest in which to develop expertise.
- Track, attend, and regularly share-out movement events, trainings, and other resources on behalf of the Department of Programs and Partnerships to expand the Program Assistant’s expertise and keep the team informed.
- Contribute to the Department’s ongoing work to improve operations, identify opportunities for growth, and support partners.
- Represent NIRH in coalitions, at conferences, and in other speaking opportunities.
- Contribute to building and managing a culture of inclusion and equity.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- At least 1 year of professional experience preferred, including part-time roles, internships, organizing experience, or other similar positions.
- Demonstrated commitment to reproductive justice with the ability to define and apply reproductive justice and anti-racist principles to their analysis and performance in the role clearly and consistently.
- General, non-expert knowledge of reproductive health, rights, and justice movements.
- Comfort with front-facing interaction with partners and excellent relationship-building skills.
- Comfort with research and data entry.
- Familiarity with Airtable preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous time off package including vacation days, paid holidays, sick days and personal days
- 401k employee matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace options include in-office, hybrid and remote.
SALARY: $50,000 – $52,500 per year, depending on experience – NIRH offers a Remote or Hybrid workplace
APPLY: Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Program Assistant” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your cover letter and resume by February 17. All applications must be received via email.
NIRH/NIRHAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.