Reporting to the Associate Director of Programs & Partnerships, the Program Associate will work alongside NIRH’s state and local policy partners, manage administrative tasks, and develop areas of expertise within local and state-level proactive reproductive health, rights, and justice policy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide strategic guidance, technical assistance, and administrative support to NIRH state and local policy partnerships assigned.
- Assist the team in the development and distribution of advocacy materials and toolkits, including research and drafting.
- Support the Department of Programs and Partnerships with meeting prep, follow-up, note-taking; distribution of requests for proposals; and partner reporting.
- Collect and input data in NIRH’s Airtable databases on partnership projects, proactive and anti-abortion policy developments, and other topics or projects as needed, with the support of the Senior Project Coordinator.
- Assist in research and tracking of local and state reproductive health, rights, and justice data and policy.
- Build and expand knowledge on NIRH’s key policy priority areas, including abortion, contraception, and racial disparities in reproductive health, including identifying specific areas of interest in which to develop expertise.
- Track, attend, and regularly share-out movement events, trainings, and other resources on behalf of the Department of Programs and Partnerships to expand the Program Associates expertise and keep the team informed.
- Contribute to the Department’s ongoing work to improve operations, identify opportunities for growth, and support partners.
- Represent NIRH in coalitions, at conferences, and in other speaking opportunities.
- Contribute to building and managing a culture of inclusion and equity.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 1-3 years of professional experience, internships, organizing experience, or other similar positions.
- Demonstrated commitment to reproductive justice with the ability to define and apply reproductive justice and anti-racist principles to their analysis and performance in the role clearly and consistently.
- General, non-expert knowledge of reproductive health, rights, and justice movements.
- Comfort with front-facing interaction with partners and excellent relationship-building skills.
- Comfort with research and data entry.
- Familiarity with Airtable preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous time off package including vacation days, paid holidays, sick days and personal days
- 401k employee matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
SALARY: $52,500 – $57,500 per year, depending on experience – NIRH offers a Remote or Hybrid workplace
APPLY: Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Program Associate” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your cover letter and resume by February 17. All applications must be received via email.
NIRH/NIRHAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer