[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” hundred_percent_height=”no” hundred_percent_height_scroll=”no” hundred_percent_height_center_content=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” status=”published” publish_date=”” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” video_preview_image=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ spacing=”” center_content=”no” link=”” target=”_self” min_height=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_image_id=”” background_position=”left top” background_repeat=”no-repeat” hover_type=”none” border_size=”0″ border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” border_radius=”” box_shadow=”no” dimension_box_shadow=”” box_shadow_blur=”0″ box_shadow_spread=”0″ box_shadow_color=”” box_shadow_style=”” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=”” last=”no”][fusion_text columns=”” column_min_width=”” column_spacing=”” rule_style=”default” rule_size=”” rule_color=”” hide_pop_tinymce=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=””]The National Institute for Reproductive Health (NIRH) builds power at the state and local level to change public policy, galvanize public support, and normalize women’s decisions about abortion and contraception. Using a partnership model, we provide state and local advocates with strategic guidance, hands-on support, and funding to create national change from the ground up. We are a force multiplier – we form strategic partnerships with a wide range of organizations to directly impact the reproductive health and lives of women across the country. Since 2008, NIRH has provided direct grants and hands-on support to nearly 150 reproductive health, rights, and justice organizations in 39 states and 56 localities across the country. In 2018, NIRH’s partnerships and its work in New York State and City span 23 states, including 13 localities.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund, with associated PAC’s and IEC, conducts nonpartisan advocacy and electoral engagement to advance reproductive health, rights and justice in states and cities across the country.
The Senior Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors to support NIRH’s revenue. This position has direct impact on the department’s reputation among donors, activists, and other individuals, as well as impacts the financial and operational performance of the department.
- Through prospect research, relationship cultivation, and stewardship of donors, strategically oversee and grow a small major donor portfolio
- Develop comprehensive cultivation plans for all donors within portfolio, based on research and engagement, and set benchmarks toward long term, sustainable growth and gift solicitation
- Research and launch first-ever planned giving program/society, including the creation of program structure, messaging, and mediums for gifts and commitments
- Discover and assess new prospects and develop systems to streamline the major donor prospect identification process
- Lead weekly “Call time” meetings with President to ensure high level of stewardship of donors and board members
- Set up and attend donor visits for cultivation and solicitation purposes; create before and after reports outlining the potential and realized outcomes of each visit within each donor’s cultivation plan
- In conjunction with the Prospect Research and Development Coordinator, conduct regular research on all prospects within major gifts portfolio, to include wealth capacity rating, giving history, and NIRH or reproductive health linkages/engagement, and based on research and tested approaches, recommend solicitation strategies to Chief Development Officer and President
- Brainstorm and implement experiential and creative practices for the stewardship of donor relationships, ensuring donors feel connected, informed, and have clear insight into the impact of their gifts/commitments
- Record, with timeliness and precision, information about prospects and donors using Raiser’s Edge; also report activity and monitor resources and expenditures associated with portfolio
- Using dashboards, provide Chief Development Officer weekly updates on donors’ movement through stewardship pipelines and major gift management
- Participate in development activities and special events, including dinners, receptions, and activities as needed
- Develop and maintain positive and fruitful relationships with senior leadership, staff, Board of Directors and all donors, including high-profile constituents
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Special Events and Development to develop strategies for major donors’ participation in/giving towards fundraising events
- In conjunction with other development staff, works with Communications department on email content and printed material strategy for major donors
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5 – 8 years of successful fundraising experience and a quantifiable track record of closing four and five figure major gifts through in-person solicitation
- A general level of comfort when dealing with high net worth individuals, and an ability to maintain discretion and high level of confidentiality when dealing with significant benefactors; the importance of these qualities cannot be overstated
- Base level knowledge of women’s reproductive rights, health and justice is preferable, but not necessary
- Proven ability to work closely with and manage the fundraising activities of colleagues who are unfamiliar with the fundamentals of development; interest in communicating with diverse groups of people and translating the work into creative, compelling, accessible terms
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, as well as a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings
- High-level of curiosity and analytical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail and deadlines
- Comfort and proficiency using personal computers, tablets, and software programs for retrieving, organizing, researching, and presenting appropriate donor/prospect information; proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in the use or oversight of Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge or similar database, with high-level fluency in creating complex queries and exports
- Experience creating professional presentations, reports, and dashboards
- Proven experience creating and maintaining new programs
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive benefit package and salary commensurate with experience: salary range $85,000 – $115,000. Benefits include: A comprehensive benefits package including the option of employer-paid health insurance; dental insurance; a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution after 6 months; TransitChek benefits; generous paid time off; and half days from June until September.
Please email your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to [email protected] with “Senior Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
NIRH is an equal opportunity employer. NIRH strives to build and support an equitable work community that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional people. As a member of the reproductive freedom movement, NIRH aims to foster leadership and raise the voices of historically marginalized people, including but not limited to Black people and people of color, indigenous and native people, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, disabled people, immigrants, and low income people. We strongly encourage candidates of these and other diverse backgrounds to apply.[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]