Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Senior Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all Individual donors, with a focus on major donors, to support NIRH’s revenue. This position has direct impact on the department’s reputation among donors, activists, and other individuals, as well as impacts the financial and operational performance of the department. This position directly supervises the Senior Development Coordinator.
- Through prospect research, relationship cultivation, and stewardship of donors, strategically oversee and grow a small major donor portfolio.
- Develop comprehensive cultivation plans for all donors within portfolio, based on research and engagement, and set benchmarks toward long term, sustainable growth and gift solicitation.
- Research and launch first-ever planned giving program/society, including the creation of program structure, messaging, and mediums for gifts and commitments.
- Create and execute strategy for low-dollar and mid-level donors
- Discover and assess new prospects and develop systems to streamline the major donor prospect identification process.
- Lead weekly “Call time” meetings with President to ensure high level of stewardship of donors and board members.
- Set up donor visits for cultivation and solicitation purposes; create before and after reports outlining the potential and realized outcomes of each visit within each donor’s cultivation plan.
- In conjunction with the Senior Development Coordinator, conduct regular research on all prospects within major gifts portfolio, to include wealth capacity rating, giving history, and NIRH or reproductive health linkages/engagement, and based on research and tested approaches, recommend solicitation strategies to Chief Development Officer and President.
- Brainstorm and implement experiential and creative practices for the stewardship of donor relationships, ensuring donors feel connected, informed, and have clear insight into the impact of their gifts/commitments.
- Record, with timeliness and precision, information about prospects and donors using Raiser’s Edge NXT; also report activity and monitor resources and expenditures associated with portfolio.
- Using dashboards, provide Chief Development Officer weekly updates on donors’ movement through stewardship pipelines and major gift management.
- Participate in development activities and special events, including dinners, receptions, and activities as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive and fruitful relationships with senior leadership, staff, Board of Directors and all donors, including high-profile constituents.
- In conjunction with other development staff, work with communications department on email content and printed materials strategy for major donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5 – 7 years of successful fundraising experience and a quantifiable track record of closing major gifts.
- A general level of comfort when dealing with high net worth individuals, and an ability to maintain discretion and high level of confidentiality when dealing with significant benefactors; the importance of these qualities cannot be overstated.
- Base level knowledge of women’s reproductive rights, health and justice is preferred but not necessary.
- Proven ability to work closely with and manage the fundraising activities of colleagues who are unfamiliar with the fundamentals of development; interest in communicating with diverse groups of people and translating the work into creative, compelling, accessible terms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, as well as a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings
- High-level of curiosity and analytical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in the use or oversight of Raiser’s Edge or similar database, with high-level fluency in creating complex queries and exports.
- Experience creating professional presentations, reports, and dashboards
- Proven experience creating and maintaining new programs.
WHAT WE OFFER :
SALARY: $90,000 – $120,000 per year, depending on experience
Generous benefits package, including:
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous time off package including vacation days, paid holidays, sick days and personal days
- 401k employee matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace options include in-office, hybrid and remote.
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Senior Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. All applications must be received via email.
NIRH/NIRHAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NIRH/NIRHAF will be based on merit, qualifications, abilities, and on the needs of NIRH/NIRHAF. This organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or other military status, alienage or citizenship status, genetic carrier status, AIDS, AIDS-related complex or HIV status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law.