With a dual report to the Executive Vice President and VP for Finance & Administration, NIRH/Action Fund is looking for a passionate and driven People and Operations Director (POD) to join their team. The candidate will provide vital support to the organization’s goals in aspects of human resources, recruiting, organizational development, organizational culture, and employee, intern and volunteer satisfaction and team wellbeing. The POD will be instrumental in optimizing policies and processes in support of a positive and inclusive workplace culture and will ensure a strong and stable infrastructure to support organizational growth. Equity and Belonging are major areas of focus for NIRH/Action Fund, and are the responsibility of the full Leadership Team, with the People and Operations Director playing a critical role. The POD will be a standing member of the cross-functional Equity Leadership Team (ELT) at NIRH/Action Fund.
- Build and oversee the entire recruitment and retention strategy for NIRH/Action Fund, from job identification and job description development, through hiring and onboarding strategies, regular staff training opportunities, performance evaluations, stay interviews and supporting employees who are ready to exit.
- Implement and manage comprehensive employee benefits, providing employees with information about health insurance options, retirement plan, employee assistance and other benefits. Ensures that education opportunities that relate to benefits, including open enrollment, are provided to employees. Ensures compliance with all benefit related annual filings.
- Support managers and empower direct reports by ensuring they have the resources and organizational support to develop in their roles in a sustainable way, contribute to the goals of the organizations, and pursue their own professional development.
- Manage the Office Manager (currently a P/T position) to support employee’s work experiences including in-office, hybrid and remote.
- Ensure that NIRH/Action Fund complies with all applicable laws and regulations as a multi-state employer including state family medical leave, nonexempt laws, unemployment, workers compensation, paid time off, payroll taxes, and other requirements.
- Provide coaching and mediation to employees on matters related to their role and performance at NIRH/Action Fund.
- Responsible for payroll processing, maintenance of payroll systems and related HR technology.
- Prepare reports for senior leadership by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining current personnel policies, distributing these through an Employee Handbook and other documents, and providing training to all employees.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Strong values with a clear inner core of purpose-driven leadership.
- Strong problem solving, reporting and analytical skills. Skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of payroll systems. Experience with Paychex is a plus but recommendations for other payroll systems will be welcomed.
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze problems at a high level, providing feedback, guidance, and direction.
- Working knowledge of the critical components of a successful HR department including employment law, performance management, resolving conflict, having difficult conversations, employee engagement, training, maintaining employee files, and managing operational budgets.
- Well-developed writing and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly across all levels of an organization.
- Discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality. Demonstrated ability to listen, analyze and inform appropriately while maintaining the required sensibilities in handling confidential information.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a benefits-eligible, full-time, exempt position that will require 35 hours of work, with flexibility, during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 10 AM to 6 PM. The starting annual salary for this position is $120,000 commensurate with experience. NIRH offers generous benefits, including:
- Providing and paying 100% of the premiums for individual medical and dental coverage
- Subsidizing 90% of coverage for families/dependents (this coverage is reviewed annually)
- Offering 15 paid vacation days per year, 12 sick days, four personal days, and 12 paid holidays; offices are closed for a seasonal/winter break at the discretion of the President
- Providing a 401K retirement savings program, with a match, which becomes available after six months of full-time employment
- Covering 100% of supplemental Short-Term and Long-Term disability policies
- Offering a flexible spending account and Transit Chek benefits
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “People & Operations Director” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. All applications must be received via email.